Friday, May 27, 2011

Green Feet

I like to mow the lawn barefoot. It probably isn't the safest thing in the world, but I do it anyway. I love the feeling of freshly cut grass on my feet. I love that it turns my feet that green color. And I love watching the water in the tub turn green when I wash my feet afterwards.

Yesterday, I mowed the lawn. Barefoot. My mom saw I was going to do it barefoot and said "That isn't the best idea, you might cut off your toes." I got to thinking about it, and why the heck would I let my toes get under the lawn mower anyway? I'm not that tall, hence I don't have long legs. When I push the mower my feet are kinda far back there. I think my toes will survive.

While I was mowing, I thought about how when I was little and we'd play with the cut grass. We'd play this game where we'd make bird nests on the tramp. We'd put eggs (rocks) in our nests and then say go and try to steal everyone else's eggs (rocks). Now that I think about it, it was kind of a pointless game. By the end the grass had flown everywhere so we couldn't even tell whose nest was whose anyway. I still want to play again. I want to jump on the tramp and watch the grass fly.

Seeing how we are now longer little (sad) we took the grass over to a family with horses because their horses love it. I decided that I want a horse. Really, really bad. :)

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment