Saturday, February 12, 2011

Know Who You Are

This may be really cheesy, but sometimes when I think about the gospel I can't help but be cheesy. :)

The other day I was watching Toy Story 2 with my roommates. As I'm sure you all know, I'm a HUGE fan of Toy Story and if I could, I'd marry Woody. In the movie, when Woody first meets the Round-up Gang - Jessie, Bullseye, and Stinky Pete, the Prospector - he's really confused as to their excitement with him. The Prospector turns to him and says, "Why, you don't know who you are, do you?" I'm not one to praise the Prospector, he isn't a good guy, but I LOVE that question. And I love relating it to our lives. I often look at people and want to just run up to them and say "Hey! Don't you realize, you are a child of God!"

It just never stops to amaze me how much we are loved by our Heavenly Father. In D&C 50:41 it says "Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world." He overcame the world for us! He loves us that much. And He'd do it all again if He had to. He is ALWAYS looking out for us and doing what he can to help us return to him. Never forget it! I know I don't want to get to heaven and have someone say "Why, you don't know who you are, do you?" I never want to forget that I am loved by my Heavenly Father, and don't you forget it either! He loves us ALL! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment