Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not an Ordinary Trip

It all started with an ordinary trip to Walmart.  I drove Sadie, Tiffany, Kortney and I over in Julia's car (mine is still having some major issues that it doesn't want to get over). We did our normal grocery shopping, wandering up and down random isles and picking up a few items that sound good at the moment. You know those days, just average.

When we got back to the parking lot at the apartment, I decided to grab the first spot I saw. It was still almost completely covered in snow and the lines were barely visible. I knew that in these conditions it would be harder than usual to find a spot. But, what do you know, as I turned into the spot, I thought there was enough room. I was wrong. The front end of my car hit the back end of the car I was parking next to. After that though, I glided into the empty space just fine. Figures. "Crap. Did I seriously just do that? I think I'm going to cry." That is what I said. Just like that. I'm pretty sure I was monotone as well. From what I could see (which wasn't much) both cars seemed to be fine. I asked if everything was okay and Kortney responded with "Well, the entire back side of their car is falling off. Oh, and you might want to pull forward more. You aren't exactly in the spot." And that is when the tears came. I started to cry. "What do I do?" I asked. But no one said anything. I just sat there and cried, thinking of what the heck I was going to do. I don't have money to pay to fix a car, I barely have money to buy my groceries!

 I looked up and saw Sadie, Tiffany, and Kortney all get out of the car. So now I was alone in my car crying. I pulled out my phone and called my mom. We'll skip the details of my breakdown and fast forward to where I climbed across the car to see if I could see more of the car I hit. Still, from what I could tell, the car didn't look too bad. I formed a note to write in my head and Kendra brought out pen and paper for me to write it all down. I told the owner of the car I was really sorry and that it was completely an accident. I left my name, my phone number, and my apartment number just to make sure. And then I got all the way out of the car to leave the note and get a good look. No damage was done to my car at all. The other, though, had a small dent on the back left side. I was relieved to see that the entire back side wasn't falling off.

This all happened on a Tuesday night. Now, it just so happens that on Tuesday nights I have a four hour long night class. This particular Tuesday was the first night of this class. And I was fortunate enough to go to it in a horrible mood after hitting a car. But I loved the class. I decided that I could deal with what ever the person needed and I headed home in a much better mood (the class also didn't go for the full four hours, just two and a half so that made me happy as well). When I opened my apartment door, I found Sadie and Kendra sitting there watching Lady and the Tramp. "Oh," Kendra said, "that guy whose car you hit came over. He left his number and wants you to call." Now, if you know me at all you know I hate confrontation and I hate talking on the phone. More than anything. But Kendra assured me that he was really nice and that I could handle the phone call.

So I called him. "Hey, is this Dallin? This is Sorine; I'm the girl who hit your car." (And yes, if you are wondering, I practiced saying that over and over and over again before I finally called him. I'm a loser. haha) I was honestly shocked by his response. "Oh! Hey, how's it goin?" Yep. that is what he said. I told him I hit his car and he asks how I am. The rest of our conversation wasn't near as bad as it could have been. Kendra was right, this guy was really nice! He said that I did no damage to his car and that I didn't need to worry. All I had to do to make it up to him was invite him over to hang out. So I did. But, as of now, I still haven't met the guy. I don't even have a clue what he looks like. Haha!

So, what's the moral of the story? Don't go to Walmart.

The End. :)

1 comment:

  1. So if we don't go to Walmart, how are we going to survive? There's nothing else to do in little old Ephraim, and also we need to buy food and cold medicine. How will we live?? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete