Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How many Licks?

Today I went back and read some of my posts and such from high school. They made me laugh VERY hard! And so I decided to share with you wonderful people. :)

How Many Licks? 
(November 15,2007)

Part of my journal from November 12, 2007

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? Today I decided to do the impossible...I am going to find out the answer to that question that has been looming over our heads for years! Well, with a slight modification... Now, I know what you are thinking, don't worry! I didn't bite or suck at all. I just licked. I know the rules! Only, I'm counting until there is no sucker left at all, not until you get to the tootsie roll part. I have reached the tootsie and the chocolate sucker (chocolate is the best one of all) remains in thin layers slightly around the edge. 1,400 licks and I'm still not there. The anticipation is killing me! I am not giving up! And I'm not going to put finishing this sucker off until tomorrow. I started this licking adventure at 7:48pm. It is amazing what boredom can do to you! the urge to bite this thing is getting stronger, but I won't give up and I won't bite down! 1,141...1,142...1,443...1,444...1,445..........1,450. Ok, those last licks were fast but not as fast as they could be. Around lick 1,342 I paused to drink a glass of water. Never before has water tasted so good! I can't even taste this chocolate anymore. My tongue went numb around lick 900. It had some hollow spots that were sharp and cut my tongue. I sure hope it repairs!"

That got you hooked right?

I sat there reading my scriptures and licking. It was getting late and I really wanted to go to bed. But I had made it this far and I couldn't quit! I had decided that looking at the sucker after each lick did no good. I couldn't see a difference at all. Only checking every thirty licks or so was the way to do it. I was about to give up when I finished lick 1,987 and looked down. No more sucker was left! So it takes 1,987 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop! Now the question has been answered and we will no longer have nightmares about the owl only taking three licks and then biting. I know it really could have been something like 1,972 licks or something but that is as good as an answer as I can get!

The moral of this story? Be careful, boredom is dangerous!

No comments:

Post a Comment