Friday, December 17, 2010

HOME!

I got lucky this year, my first year in college. You see, I don't have to take any official finals. With two English classes and two professors who didn't want to give a final, things ended up to where I only have to write papers. I got to come home MONDAY! That is a full week sooner than a lot of people. Even though I've got a few papers to work on while I'm home, I'm quite happy that I'm here.

So, if you didn't already know this, my family is insane. More specifically, my brother Mitchell is a nerd. I came home and decided to go and play the piano. While I'm in there he comes in, holds up the cow from one of our nativity scenes and says, "Sorine, this is a cow. Kiss it." and he then puts the cow right in front of my lips. He proceeds to do this with the sheep, the horse and the baby Jesus. When he gets to Mary he bursts out laughing. "SORINE! KISS MARY!" he shouts. I was still trying to play the piano and he was starting to get on my nerves. "Mitchell! I'm playing the piano. I never get to play a real piano. Can you wait?" I thought that was a calm way of telling him to leave. "You hate me!" He said. That is his favorite saying. He is constantly informing me that I hate him. I don't hate him. He just knows that saying this makes me feel bad and I'll do what he wants. Somehow he got to where he wanted me to teach him to play the piano. He didn't want me to teach him notes or how to read music, he just wanted me to teach him how to play one hymn in the super simplified hymn book so he could "impress the ladies in seminary." We tried several songs but ended up playing "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet." He didn't want to learn hand placement either. So he plays the song with one finger, plucking out the top hand one note at a time. He sings while he does this and it is quite entertaining. As I taught him he would randomly pick up Mary and shout "SORINE! KISS MARY!" and then burst out laughing again. I would follow this by picking up a wise man and shouting "MITCHELL! KISS THE WISE MAN!" and then I'd burst out laughing. Oh, I love hanging out with him. Julia came in a little while later and sat on the chair and watched as we playfully made fun of each other. He started to push me around, shoving me off the piano bench, hitting my arm, etc. I told him he was hurting my arm so her pushed harder. "It is a good thing you are left handed!" he said as he pushed my left arm again. "I'm left handed? Since when?" I asked. I'm not left handed. I'm not really capable of doing anything with my left hand. "Since tomorrow." he said. So now that is our joke. Since tomorrow. :)

My car is broken so my mom had to drive down and pick me up. Somehow Spencer convinced her to let him join. When they got to my apartment I pulled Spencer aside and asked how he got my mom to let him skip school. "Well," he said, "I pretended to be really mad and I cried and I stopped talking to her." That never worked for me, but somehow he ends up getting his way most of the time. I'm still not sure why he wanted to come. He slept in the car and while he was at my apartment he didn't even watch TV, he just sat there. I think it was more of an excuse to get out of school, not to come and see me.

For the Christmas party on my Mom's side she is in charge this year. She decided that we needed to make masks. Those fancy ones... I forget what they are called. Anyway, so we go over to my grandma's house to make these masks. I'm not creative. Not in the slightest. So I play around trying to make my mask look good while Julia makes hers look amazing! She cut hers and made it look more like a mask than a black piece of plastic. When I was done with mine, Mom looked at it and said "I think Julia should cut your nose out." So I yell, "JULIA! Mom wants you to come cut my nose out!" Ha ha! Everyone was a little confused. Of course I didn't want my real nose cut out, just the one on the mask.

While we were there, Mom remembered she left some feathers in the garage and she wanted me to go and get them. I asked where they were and she said over by that window. So then me and Julia both put our arms up like chickens, flapped them, bobbed our heads and sang "Stack it up and block the window, stack it up and block the window." My mom rolled her eyes, but she still got the joke. :)

Anyway, this is getting much longer than I originally planned. I just like talking about my family. If you don't know them or appreciate inside jokes then this probably was very boring. I apologize. But, if you do know them you probably (hopefully) enjoyed this. I did, at least. I hope you all have a very wonderful magical Christmas! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment