Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Looking Up

About two weeks ago my brother Mitchell decided to see how tall I am (or how short in my case). The result was five feet and one half of an inch. This was exciting news for me! The last time we checked I was five feet and a quarter of an inch. Sure, another quarter of an inch isn't that much, but it still shows that I am growing! :)

I've always been short. Well, not ALWAYS. I remember once in elementary school we lined up shortest to tallest for our class picture. I was like three from the back. I felt so tall. (Okay, I'll be honest. I was wearing heels. haha!) And, I remember being taller than some people who now make fun of me for being short.

Being short means that I have to look up a lot.  I'm looking up to see in the mirror, I'm looking up to see in the cupboard, I'm looking up to see above the steering wheel, but most of all,  I'm looking up to look at people. Sometimes, I want to go and stand by really tall people and just laugh. In fact, I did this the other day. Kendra took a picture and we laughed about it forever! The guy was 6' 8" and that is a lot taller than me! She sent the picture to tons of people and they all laughed about it too. I'm glad that my height is bringing others such happiness. ;)

I've spent a lot of my life looking up at people. And I'm thankful for that. I'm glad that I am short and can look up to people in more ways than one. I've thought a lot about how everyone has something to offer. It is kind of lame, but being short and having to look up at people has made me try to find was that I can look up to them in the sense that I learn from them.

Everyone, even the few shorter than me, I've looked up to. I'm so grateful for the examples I have in my life. Without even realizing it, all of you (especially those who take the time to read all of this) have made a difference in my life. You have taught me how to have faith, how to be happy, how to grow, and how to believe in myself. Thank you for daring to be you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment