Monday, November 1, 2010

Marge and Stewart

On the way back to Ephraim tonight I got bored and decided to write a story. I wrote it in about ten minutes and it really has no point to it. But I thought I would share. Enjoy!

Once upon a time there lived a fair maiden. This fair maiden went by the name of Marge. In the same town there lived a farmer boy named Stewart. Stewart and Marge were best friends. Marge didn’t know it, but Stewart was in love with her. He didn’t want to tell her because he was worried that not only would it ruin their friendship, but also it could quite possibly ruin his future career as a farmer. Marge’s father owned the biggest tractor company in all the land. Stewart knew that if he ruined his friendship with Marge he would never be able to buy his own tractor.

But he couldn’t help it. One hot summer day, Stewart let it slip to the town gossips that he was in love with Marge. So, of course, Marge found out. Marge approached Stewart and said, “Stewart.”

And Stewart said, “Marge.”

And Marge winked at Stewart.

Stewart thought she had a twitch. “Do you need a banana?” Stewart asked. “Because, you know, bananas have lots of potassium and when you need potassium your eye twitches. So, since your eye is twitching I thought maybe you might need a banana. But, do you even like bananas? Because . . .”

Marge wasn’t listening. “Stewart,” she said again (this time without the wink).  “I heard you are in love with me. Is this true?”

“Yes,” he said.

“Okay,” she said.

And that was the end of their conversation because Marge skipped away.

Stewart didn’t know what to think. He went to his stacks of hay bails and sat on the very top. A few hours later Marge came back with some sort of old parchment all rolled up.

“What’s that?” Stewart pointed to the parchment.

“I found a treasure map.” Marge began to climb the bails of hay.

“A treasure map?” Stewart asked. “Where did you find that? Is it a pirate treasure map?!?”

“Why, yes.” Marge had reached the top of the hay bails and was showing Stewart the map. “I think that we should find this treasure.”

“But what about my farm? I can’t just leave it!”

“Don’t worry,” Marge said, “I’ve got it all figured out. Once we find the treasure we will have enough money to buy a tractor from my dad and live happily ever after.”

And so they did.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment