Sunday, July 22, 2012

Single.

For those of you who don't know, I have moved in with my grandparents. I moved up here mostly for a change. It's basically a long story, but it boils down to the fact that I need something new. I love being home and with my family, but I wasn't doing anything there. So, on a Wednesday we called my grandma and on Sunday I drove up. It happened quickly, but it has been a good decision so far.

Anyway, the Sunday I drove up Grandma went to my aunt's ward to hear my cousin play the piano. While there she sat next to a "good looking returned missionary who would be delighted to take me to the singles ward next week."

I planned on going to church with this guy, whoever he is, but things fell through. Awkwardly. I'll spare you the details on everyone's lack of communication, but either way I ended up going to the singles ward with my 13 year old cousin.

I've never been good at getting anywhere on time. So when getting ready for church this morning, I made sure I had plenty of time to drive to the building about fifteen or so minutes away and possibly even stop by my aunt's house on the way. I picked up my cousin and we made it to the building fifteen minutes before sacrament meeting started.

We took our time getting into the building, returning to the car for a piece of gum, going in to the bathroom, and finally choosing a seat in the chapel. The very empty chapel. In fact, other than us there was just one other lady. She obviously wasn't a single, so I just assumed she was from the previous ward.

When one rolled around and still no one was there, we got really confused. The lady approached us and asked if she was in the right place. We didn't even know if we were in the right place. After about ten minutes of confusion, we discovered that the ward had met with another singles ward for a special pioneer sacrament meeting of some sort.

Good news: I'm not the only single left out there.

Bad news: I missed out on church this weekend.

Lesson learned: When you have the opportunity to go to church with a "good looking returned missionary who would be delighted to take you," you darn well better take it. Otherwise, you may be left alone thinking you're the only surviving LDS single.

No comments:

Post a Comment