Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Dilemma.

I realized something today. It finally hit me - I graduated High School. I've completed two years of college. Those are big accomplishments.

Problem is, I don't know what to do now. Yes, I had the schooling, but there was no direction with it. My interests are all over the place and I can't make up my mind long enough to get anything done.

Everyone lately has told me the solution is to get married. And yes, I mean everyone. I don't think I go a day without someone bringing it up. Here is a story to prove my point: My ten year old cousin has decided that since I am single and oh what do you know, there is a boy in her ward who just came home from his mission, the two of us must be in love. So she now follows me around singing, to the tune of "I know that my redeemer lives," "I know that_______ loves Sorine! Because he came home from his mission, I know that _______ loves Sorine!" She adds a line or two each day. I admit, it is pretty funny. However, today when she suggested her mom set me up on a blind date and her and her sister can double with us... I had visions of her following me around signing that song when I have company around. Not sure I'll find it so cute then. It's like having little siblings all over again. Haha.

Story number two: Same cousin. I was at her house before leaving for church on Sunday (see previous post). She was singing in the background as I talked to her mom and her other siblings. When I left, she yelled out the door "GOODBYE SORINE WHO NEEDS TO GET MARRIED!"

Anyway, my brother is also one who claims marriage is the answer. When I was living at home he'd come into my room all the time and just say, "Sorine, why aren't you married yet?" He'll ask me that question whenever there is a lull in conversation. It wouldn't surprise me if he mutters it in his sleep. Now that I'm not living at home, it isn't as bad. Though I do get a random text or two asking me the question, or hinting at it or something.

To answer his question I simply say "You have to be engaged before you can be married." The conversation then seems to never end...

Mitchell: When are you getting engaged?
Me: You have to date before you can be engaged.
Mitchell: When are you going to date?
Me: You have to have friends before you can date.
Mitchell: Why don't you have friends?

And there you have it. My dilemma. I spend too much time answering my brothers endless questions and listening to my cute little cousin sing that I don't make friends. Hopefully this week in the singles ward people will show up and I can attempt to be witty and charming and eventually make friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment