Sunday, October 13, 2013

Family is Everything

I've written posts about my wonderful family before.  This isn't something new. I really love my family and I enjoy talking to them and talking about them.

One thing I've always worried about is letting people meet my family. Not that my family isn't great, but that they are too great. Meeting the entire Goodworth family all at once can be a little overwhelming. Just ask Chelsea. After only knowing her for a few months, I took her to a Goodworth family party. She got to meet a lot of crazy people in just a short amount of time.

In one of my classes this semester I get to write a family history paper. I thought it would be a perfect chance to talk to my grandma about it all get some awesome stories. So yesterday, I kidnapped Roz and we took a drive up to my grandparent's house.

I lucked out. Not only was my grandma there to tell me stories, but her mom and two sisters were there, too. It was a great chance to hear about where I come from.

I really wanted to hear about my grandma Sorine Christine, mainly because I'm named after her and I really don't know that much about her. I was able to hear stories from my grandma and her two sisters and some input from my great-grandma, who was the daughter-in-law of Sorine Christine. I left with a few files full of pictures and, believe it or not, a CD recording of Sorine Christine talking about her life. I am so stinkin excited to listen to this! :) She was quite an amazing woman and I can't wait to find out more.

Basically, I love my family! They are the most welcoming, loving people I have ever met. They can be a lot to take in, but it is worth it. Example: as soon as I walked in the door, I had four kids hanging off of me. But I know it is because they love me.

Remember the ten-year-old cousin I mentioned here? She is one of the kids who was hanging off me all day. She played 20 questions with me to find out what guy I'm interested in now. Let's just say, its a good thing she lives two hours away and her voice doesn't carry over to Logan. ;)

I could go on and on with stories about the few hours I spent with some of the family. Suffice it to say, they are some of my favorite people in the world. I am so thankful I am a Goodworth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment